To provide quality theoretical and practical skills training for school leavers, apprentices and artisans in the field of Automotive Engineering, for growth and improved performance management in the motor industry.
Courses offered by the Division of Automotive Engineering
1.National Certificate Courses
- Automobile Electrics
- Automotive Precision Machining
- Diesel Plant Fitting
- Motor Cycle Mechanics
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics
- Vehicle Body Repair
A pass, with a grade “C” or better, in 5 ‘O’ Level subjects including Mathematics, English Language or National Foundation Certificate plus a pass in 4 ‘O’ level subjects with a grade C or better.. These subjects must include either English Language or ,Mathematics and a Science or a technical subject.
Two years full time at the Bulawayo Polytechnic, plus one year of industrial attachment.
One year full time for apprentices.
Attachment for direct entry students provided.
Two years part time at college and one year industrial attachment.
2. National Diploma Courses
A pass in the relevant National Certificate course
2 years full-time or part-time plus six months Industrial attachment.
3. Skills Courses
- Beginners Car Maintenance: 5 Weeks
- Intermediate Car Maintenance: 5 Weeks
- Advanced Car Maintenance: 5 Weeks
- Motor Vehicle Transmissions: 5 Weeks
- Diesel Pumps and Injector Servicing: 5 Weeks
- Beginners Auto-Electrics: 5 Weeks
- Auto CAD: 5 Weeks
- Auto CAD (3dimension): 5 Weeks
- Motor Mechanics Trade Test Preparation (Class 4-1)
- Diesel Plant Fitting Trade Test Preparation (Class 4-1)
- Auto-Electrics Trade Test Preparation ( Class 4-1)
- Panel Beating & Spray Painting Trade Test (Per Class 4-1)
- Automotive Precision Machining Trade Test Preparation
- Motor Car Maintenance: 12 months
No formal qualifications required.